Sales of metal bars for export to Africa
Bars according to standard NF A 35.101 (or equivalent).
Technical specifications for metal bars
Metal bars (hot-rolled I-profile section steel) manufactured using grade A-37 or grade A-42 steel. On request, we can also use semi-oxidised steel (Corten) or copper-chromium-nickel steel.
Metal bars (I-profile) IPE 330 with the following technical characteristics:
- Length: 12 m
- Width: 330 mm
- Total vane width: 160 mm
- Rib thickness: 7.5 mm
- Vane thickness: 11.5 mm
- Density: 7830 to 7850 kg/m³
- Elastic modulus (e): 21,000 dan/mm²
- Rigidity modulus (g): 8200 dan/mm²
- Yield strength (re): 28 to 45 dan/mm²
- Tensile strength (r): 40 to 48 dan/mm²
- Coefficient of thermal expansion: 12x10-6/°c
Treatment of bars
Three coats of paint to protect the bars against corrosion:
- A minimum of one coat of anti-rust lead-based paint after brushing;
- One intermediate coat of paint;
- One topcoat in black.
It is also possible to choose hot-dip galvanising.
These treatment procedures should give the supports an average useful life of 30 years under normal conditions of maintenance.